- Duke’s Proposed Mandatory Fee: Unjust and Bad Energy Policy
- Every Family in SC Pays Taxes: The Poorest Pay a Larger Share of Their Income than Wealthiest
- Columbia’s Ballpark Study: Ask the Wrong Questions and You’ll Get the Wrong Answers
- Look at the Net Effect of Economic Development Investments
- Does Building a Public Ballpark Make Sense for Columbia?
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tag Archives: Haley
To listen to Governor Nikki Haley, a core budgetary problem facing our state is Obamacare. “Every dollar that Washington forces us to spend on a still-inefficient Medicaid program is a dollar we can’t put into our schools, into our roads … Continue reading
Governor Haley’s Vetoes and Budget Policy: what seventy-four vetoes to the General Appropriations bill and seven in the Capital Reserve Fund bill mean for teachers, the arts and our oceans
The General Assembly’s failure is two-fold—they failed to produce a timely budget and, combined with gubernatorial vetoes issued late Thursday, have thrown school districts and at least two state agencies into uncertainty. Governor Nikki Haley’s vetoes would eliminate $10 million … Continue reading
In pushing for spending caps, Governor Haley and the South Carolina House of Representatives are pushing Grover Norquist talking points, part of a strategy “to shrink government to the size where we can drown it in a bathtub,” rather than … Continue reading