- Duke’s Proposed Mandatory Fee: Unjust and Bad Energy Policy
- Every Family in SC Pays Taxes: The Poorest Pay a Larger Share of Their Income than Wealthiest
- Columbia’s Ballpark Study: Ask the Wrong Questions and You’ll Get the Wrong Answers
- Look at the Net Effect of Economic Development Investments
- Does Building a Public Ballpark Make Sense for Columbia?
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on TwitterTweets by JRuoff
Join 21 other subscribers
Monthly Archives: January 2013
Who Pays State and Local Taxes in South Carolina?
Low-income and middle class taxpayers in South Carolina pay a larger share of their income to support our public structures and systems than do our wealthiest taxpayers. The quality of life we all enjoy in South Carolina is directly connected … Continue reading
Posted in SC Budget, Taxes Tagged South Carolina, taxes 1 Comment
A Tale of Two Maps: Misdirection in the Medicaid Expansion Debate
As SCDHHS Director Tony Keck travels the state arguing that South Carolina should not do a Medicaid expansion, a central argument is that the Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act does not put the money where it’s needed. He … Continue reading
Posted in Health Care Tagged Medicaid Expansion 3 Comments