- Duke’s Proposed Mandatory Fee: Unjust and Bad Energy Policy
- Every Family in SC Pays Taxes: The Poorest Pay a Larger Share of Their Income than Wealthiest
- Columbia’s Ballpark Study: Ask the Wrong Questions and You’ll Get the Wrong Answers
- Look at the Net Effect of Economic Development Investments
- Does Building a Public Ballpark Make Sense for Columbia?
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Monthly Archives: January 2012
Recent articles in South Carolina papers point to the growing concern that military spending cuts evidenced by base closings and slow-downs in spending on F-35 fighters destined for South Carolina will have a negative impact on our state’s economy. James … Continue reading
Although state funding for our local schools is $600 million short of what our funding formula (the Education Finance Act) calls for and state economists project nearly a billion dollars in available additional revenue , Governor Nikki Haley’s first Executive … Continue reading
In 2011, we will again see proposals to repeal the corporate income tax to “encourage economic development”. The only real effects will be to further reduce revenue and make it harder to make the long-term investments that will produce sustained … Continue reading